Vista Entertainment Solutions (USA), Inc. (“Vista”) offers cinema management software known as Retriever (“Retriever” “we” or “us” or “our”). Retriever is based at 621 West Oliver, Owosso, Michigan and 550 West Yale Avenue Suite A-200 Denver, and we take our data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously.
The personal information we collect and when and why we use it
How we use your personal information
How we protect and store your personal information
Transferring personal information globally
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
Legal rights available for residents of the European Economic Area
Legal rights available for California Residents
Legal rights available for Nevada Residents
How you can contact us for more support
Third Party Websites
The personal information we collect and when and why we use it
We collect information from you when you subscribe to the Retriever service, subscribe to our newsletter or other forms of marketing communications, apply for a job with us, fill out a form or email us via our Contact link.
When using on our site, you may be asked to enter your contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, browse our site without entering contact information.
When you use the Retriever services, we collect information such as information about features you use, pages you visit, emails you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages. We also collect information about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as your employer, public databases or social media networks.
You own Your Data
Retriever is a cinema ticketing and concession sales system which stores information about a company or individual representative of a company (customer) as provided or entered by that company or individual. Retriever will store information that is entered by you, or automatically imported on your instruction. The data entered, or imported on instruction, by you remains your property and Retriever will not use nor make available for use any of this information without your permission. However, if you download, install or use the Retriever software you will be bound by Retriever’s standard Terms and Conditions. You grant Retriever a license to access, collect, compile and use your data for Retriever and its customers’ own purposes provided that such data excludes any personally identifiable data, or information that identifies you, your cinema or your business (“Anonymous Data”) and otherwise in accordance with the Retriever Terms and Conditions.
You control who has access to Your Data
The data entered, or imported on instruction, by you is stored securely in a database and is only accessible to a person you have authorized to use the service. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. Retriever and Retriever’s staff do not have access to your password. Retriever support staff does have access to your Retriever account and database – solely for the purpose of providing you with customer service related to your account or for the purpose of accessing, collecting, compiling and using Anonymous Data for Retriever and its customers own purposes in accordance with the license granted by you under Retriever’s standard Terms and Conditions.
How we use your information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs. Other than information you choose to provide us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device’s IP address may help us determine an approximate location to ensure content made available to you through our website, the Retriever services or marketing channels is relevant to the city or country you are using your device in.
To provide and improve our website and the Retriever services – we continually strive to improve our website offerings and Retriever services based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Should you require assistance from our support staff in relation to issues with our website, Retriever services, your account etc., we may require your personal details in order to address the issue, such as your user name and user ID.
To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
To process transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested and otherwise in accordance with the Retriever’s standard Terms and Conditions.
To contact you – we may collect your title, name, email address, phone number and address. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide the Services to you, and to communicate with you. We may send periodic emails to the email address you provide for your subscription, such emails will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your subscription (including technical notices, updates, and other support and administrative messages). We may collect your preferences set for notifications, marketing communications and how our website is displayed. We use this information to provide notifications, send news, alerts and marketing communications and provide our Services in accordance with your choices and also to ensure that we comply with our legal obligation to send only those marketing communications to which you have consented. Please note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Please also see the section How you can manage your marketing preferences below.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the Legal Rights section below.
Legal basis for using your personal information
We will only collect, use and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this (namely, that the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and/or for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject). This is because:
- we need to use your personal information to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- we need to use your personal information for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation. For example, we may use your email address to send you invites or inform you of events. In all such cases, we will look after your information always in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in the Legal Rights section below;
- we need to use your personal information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; or
- we have your consent to using your personal information for a particular activity.
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process personal information, please contact us.
How we protect and store your information
We implement and maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies and procedures designed to maintain the safety of your personal information when you subscribe or enter, submit, or access your personal or business information.
Your Data is sent securely across the internet
Retriever stores your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, in the location Retriever considers will give you the most efficient access from wherever in the world you may be. Access and storage controls via the service are however administered by Retriever in [Michigan, US] as the custodian of that data. Where you access or input data from somewhere other than the country where the data is stored or to be stored, you consent to that data being transferred from one country to the other (including via any intermediate country) as a function of transmission across the internet.
Where your information is no longer needed, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner within 90 days. In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance: where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements; so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges; or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
Retriever does not store your credit card details
When you choose to pay for the Retriever service by credit card, your credit card details are not stored by the service and cannot be accessed by Retriever staff.
The service utilizes “cookies” and other technical measures that enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to / stored on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit a website. You can set your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
For more information about the types of cookies we use, how they work and information about how to manage your cookie settings, please visit our
Disclosure of information to outside parties
We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with trusted service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include IT service providers who help manage our IT and back office systems;
- with customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf;
- with vendors and other parties for business and commercial purposes, including analytics companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information;
- for facilitating requests made at your direction;
- with your consent or for any other lawful purpose;
- we may release your personal information to government organizations and agencies, law enforcement, regulators, when we believe release is appropriate to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- with other companies within our group, where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with our products and services or to manage our business. Click here for a list of the other companies within our group companies;
- information that does not identify you may be provided to other parties in aggregate statistical form for website usage with our marketing and advertising partners, or other uses; and
- if, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third-party purchaser of our business or assets
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our products and services
We may use personal information to let you know about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- we will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
- you can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time – you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by following the “unsubscribe” link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g. email); and
- you can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser as explained in our
We recommend you routinely review the privacy policies and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms as well as your preferences within your account with us.
When and how we undertake profiling and analytics
We use performance cookies like Google Analytics to recognise and count the number of visitors/users of our website and to see how such visitors/users move around our website when they are using it.
Transferring personal information globally
We operate on a global basis. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred and stored in countries outside of the country you are located in, including New Zealand, the United States of America and the EU, that are subject to different standards of data protection.
We will take appropriate steps ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and transfers are limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights. To this end:
- we ensure transfers within our group of companies will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of our group of companies (an intra‑group agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that personal information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within our group of companies;
- where we transfer your personal information outside our group of companies or to third parties who help provide our products and services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information.
- where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any personal information are disclosed.
You have a right contact usfor more information about the safeguards we have put in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above.
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking and where your personal information originates from, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information.
Legal rights available for residents of the European Economic Area
If you are resident in the European Economic Area, under European law you have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- Access personal information
- Rectify / erase personal information
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Transfer your personal information
- Object to the processing of personal information
- Object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- Obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
- Lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
If you wish to access any of the above rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of; (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes.
You can request that we do not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
Legal rights available for California residents
California residents have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, also known as the CCPA. The CCPA requires additional disclosures, and provides rights to know, delete, and opt-out, which are detailed below.
Notice of Collection.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information listed in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Retriever services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with the Retriever services.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the personal information we collect and when and why we use it, above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the same section, including to provide and manage the Retriever services.
Retriever does not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out). We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage the Retriever services. Please review the How We Share Personal Information section for more detail about the parties we have shared information with.
Our website and services are intended to provide information to our customers and job applicants. By using the website, services or interacting with Retriever offline, you represent and warrant that you will only provide information within the context of (i) your role as a job applicant, business contact, supplier, prospective customer or customer or (ii) Retriever conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from your employer.
Our processing of customer data is governed by the terms of our service agreements with our customers and their privacy policies, and not this Policy. We are not responsible for how our customers treat the information we collect on their behalf, and we recommend you review their own privacy policies.
We acknowledge that you may have rights in connection with customer data. If you are a California resident and we, as a service provider, have processed your information on behalf of a customer and you wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please inquire with our customer directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
Shine the Light.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits residents of California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. We may share personal information as defined by “Shine the Light” with our affiliates for those their own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e-mail us at email@example.com or send us a letter to the mailing address under “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Vista is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Legal rights available for Nevada Residents
Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal rights in other jurisdictions
Residents in other jurisdictions may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
If you experience any difficulties accessing the information here, please contact us via the details above to obtain this Policy in an alternate format.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit Terms and Conditions section establishing our data protection obligations to you as your data processor and the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website and the Retriever service.
c/o Vista Entertainment Solutions Limited
Shed 12, City Works Depot,
90 Wellesley Street West,
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this privacy notice, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority.